Massanutten, Va. – April 6 2021
– Massanutten Resort, a premier all-season resort located in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, is looking forward to welcoming guests this spring with activities and specials for the whole family to explore. New offerings will join existing favorites for guests who plan to experience the beauty of Massanutten Resort that comes with the arrival of spring.
“Spring is such a beautiful time to visit the resort and I look forward to welcoming guests to experience all the exciting activities we have to get outside and enjoy the weather,” said Matthias Smith, general manager at Massanutten Resort. “Whether guests are looking to have a day filled with adventure and outdoor sports or would prefer to spend their time relaxing at the spa and exploring wine from the region’s local vineyards, there is something for everyone at Massanutten.”
With a variety of activities available this spring – ranging from golf and new spa services to mountain biking and ziplining at the Massanutten Family Adventure Park, families will be entertained from the moment they arrive to Massanutten to the moment they depart. Returning activities that guests can experience this spring include:
- Family Adventure Park: Families will have exciting and educational experiences as they climb, tube and zip at the Massanutten Family Adventure Park. The park is currently open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Tuesday and will be open Tuesday, Saturday and Sundays starting April 12 through May 30.
- Golf: The Driving Range, Woodstone Meadows Golf Course and Mountain Greens Golf Course are currently open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for guests to practice their swing or play 18-holes on a bright spring day.
- Mountain Biking: Massanutten’s Mountain Bike Park will plan to open the first weekend in May, welcoming adventure seekers with advanced jump and single track trails that are sure to thrill both veterans and beginners. Cross country and E-bike rentals will also be available for those looking for a more relaxed ride.
- Scenic Chairlift Rides: Opening late spring, guests can enjoy panoramic views of surrounding mountains and villages during this scenic ride to the historic Massanutten Peak. Guests can visit MassResort.com/Hours for the latest updates on Scenic Chairlift Ride hours.
- Hiking: Guests can experience the beauty of nature at the resort with a variety of trails for everyone from beginners to experienced hikers. A Nature Sketching Walk will teach hikers the basic techniques for sketching and journaling in the wild, while the Western Slope Hike offers a family friendly adventure led by the Nature Center team.
Massanutten Resort will also add to its existing fun with a variety of new activities catering to all family members. New offerings for spring 2021 include:
- New Spa Menu and Offerings: Nothing says vacation like a relaxing spa day and with Massanutten’s new menu of services, guests can unwind with luxurious facials, pampering nail services and massages. New for spring, guests are invited to try out the new Peachy Keen Scrub & Massage that will leave guests skin feeling refreshed and softer than ever with a luxurious blend of creamy peach, sweet berries and jasmine.
- Mayday Escape Room: Families can work together and use their problem-solving skills in the resort’s newest escape room set in a sinking submarine that is sure to get the heart pumping and the brain working.
- Virginia Wine Discovery Program: This immersive onsite package includes an array of exiting events and collaborations with local vineyards to explore Virginia’s wine country with activities including a Virginia wine tasting, cooking demonstrations and a wine lovers’ dinner. This week-long event is available all spring for $249 per person.
- Ukulele and Drawing Classes: Guests can tap into their creative side with a wide range of classes including ukulele classes to learn strumming techniques or drawing classes to fine-tune sketching skills. Visitors can check MassResort.com/play/activities for a full list of weekly activities and classes to choose from.
For all spring activities, including the WaterPark, escape rooms, virtual reality, Family Adventure Park activities, fitness classes and arts & crafts, Massanutten Resort encourages advance ticket purchases either online or made through the Resort App
. For more information about advance ticket purchasing and what to expect this spring, guests can visit MassResort.com/Spring
For more information on the resort, visit MassRsesort.com, download the Resort App or call 540.289.9441. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by following @MassResort on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
About Massanutten Resort
Set on 6,000 acres of sprawling land in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Massanutten Resort
is a premier all-season resort destination that offers every type of traveler an unforgettable experience. Outdoor enthusiasts and adventure buffs will enjoy Massanutten’s Mountain Bike Park, offering exciting jump trails for beginners and veteran riders alike, and hiking Massanutten’s Western Slope. For those seeking a relaxing escape, the resort Spa delivers a wide menu of services including manicures, pedicures, detoxifying massages, and more. The resort is a paradise for adventurous families, featuring an indoor/outdoor waterpark complete with a triple-jet FlowRider® Endless Wave, three escape rooms, the Family Adventure Park, and a petting zoo. Seasonal sports activities include two challenging 18-hole golf courses, skiing, ice skating, and snow tubing. Nothing works up an appetite like an active vacation and with 12 on-site dining options, showcasing variety from mouthwatering barbecue to campfire treats, Massanutten offers something for every taste, season and occasion. At Massanutten Resort, there is something for everyone, all within reach – located just two hours from Washington, D.C., and 50 minutes from the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport.