Sentara RMH Medical Center began as Rockingham Memorial Hospital in 1912. Serving a seven-county area with a population of close to 218,000 residents, the 238-bed community hospital partnered with the Sentara Healthcare system in May of 2011.
Sentara is a 125-year-old, not-for-profit system that operates more than 100 sites of care throughout Virginia and North Carolina, including 12 acute care hospitals: seven in Hampton Roads, one in Northern Virginia, two in the Blue Ridge region, one in southern Virginia and one in northeast North Carolina.
Services offered at Sentara RMH Medical Center include:
• Bariatric Surgery—gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, and the non-surgical gastric balloon procedure.
• Behavioral Health—inpatient and outpatient
• Breast Care program—offering genetic testing, 3D mammography, breast surgery
• Cancer Center
• Heart and Vascular Center—cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, Heart Valve & Structural Disease Center, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology
• Hospice and Palliative Care
• Maternity Services
• Orthopedics and Sports Medicine—joint replacement surgery, spine surgery, hand surgery
• Sleep Medicine
• Therapy Services—physical, occupational, and speech
• Voice and Swallowing Services
• Wellness Center
• Women’s Center
• Wound Care
Via I-81: Take Exit 245 (Port Republic Rd). Head east on Port Republic Rd. Travel approx 2 miles. Turn left onto Stone Spring Road. Entrance to Health Campus Drive will be on the right.