Work Hours: Standard office hours are Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. There will be the need to work some early mornings, evenings, and weekends. Occasional travel can also be expected.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Promote safe and professional work environment through personal actions and established protocols ensuring that all activities are in alignment with the InterChange Group Cultural Keystones.
- Oversee day to day operations of InterChange Logistics to ensure customer commitments are being met in compliance with all rules/regulations and that customer pricing and load tender decisions are being made to promote the financial success of the division.
- Partner with sales/marketing team to promote the brokerage service with current and potential customers. Work to develop customers that will utilize other available InterChange Group services.
- Partner with the InterChange asset based fleet to make sure that the division’s capacity remains as full as possible and in the securing of loads to return to the mid-Atlantic region for follow-on outbound loads.
- Regulate the amount of work taken on to ensure specified pick-up and delivery times can be met based on available carrier capacity.
- Work with IT and systems support team in the selection, integration, and maintenance of brokerage software.
- Ensure that all load documentation is being submitted as requested and that carrier communication expectations are being followed.
- Manage division billing and collections, ensuring all services are properly invoiced.
- Develop and execute an effective and compliant carrier recruitment and retention program. Establish and enforce carrier safety and performance standards.
- Must be available to assist carriers and serve as intermediary between carriers and shippers/receivers when necessary.
- Work with senior company management and human resources to determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Supervise all InterChange Logistics employees.
- Maintain active participation in company leadership meetings and cross-discipline teams as assigned.
- Perform all duties with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 year college degree preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of direct freight brokerage experience with demonstrable success in customer, carrier and rate development.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and other similar tools.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer locations and industry related events.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
All applicants must complete an application at www.interchangeco.com/employment to be considered.